Solved

Running .Net 1.1 as .Net 2.0 CR throws "Load Report Failed"

Posted on 2006-11-27
7
276 Views
Last Modified: 2008-01-09
I am currently trying to run a .Net 1.1 application under the .Net 2.0 Framework (by modifying the application's config file) but now when I call the Load method of the CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument object I get the
above mentioned error "Load Report Failed". I converted the solution to the 2.0 framework and all of my reports open without error (just like the reports did when compiled with the 1.1 Framework and then run under the 1.1 Framework). I need to figure out why there is a problem with Crystal when trying to force a .Net 1.1 app to run as a .Net 2.0 app.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers,

Mike Gorgone
Software Engineer
Blackbaud Inc.
0
Comment
Question by:mgorgone
  • 2
  • 2
7 Comments
 
LVL 100

Expert Comment

by:mlmcc
ID: 18022569
What version of Crystal?

What Windows version?

mlmcc
0
 
LVL 100

Accepted Solution

by:
mlmcc earned 250 total points
ID: 18022617
Crystal provides different merge modules for the 2.0 framework so there may be differences or incompatibilites between the 1.1 modules and .net 2.0

mlmcc
0
 

Author Comment

by:mgorgone
ID: 18022721
Crystal version 9 and my dev box is running XP w/ SP2
0
 
LVL 42

Assisted Solution

by:frodoman
frodoman earned 250 total points
ID: 18024109
Hi Mike,

Interesting question - I suppose the answer would be because of poor design?  There are incompatibilities between the Crystal components for the 1.1 and 2.0 .Net frameworks.  Not only will you find this with the ReportDocument object, but the ReportViewer and CrystalEngine objects seem to have problems as well.

I ran into this situation when I moved apps to a new web server and didn't install the 1.1 framework at all (erroneously assuming it would work under 2.0).  I can't give you a more complete answer as to the 'why' w/out digging into the guts of the Crystal objects but I can confirm that it's nothing you're doing wrong - you need to either continue running it under 1.1 or upgrade the project to 2.0.

frodoman
0
 

Author Comment

by:mgorgone
ID: 18044733
The answer has finally been found... it looks like updating the MSM files (getting them from businessobjects.com) did the trick.

Thanks for the replies I guess this can be closed
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: Site Down Detector

Helpful to verify reports of your own downtime, or to double check a downed website you are trying to access.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

I hate sub reports and always consider them the last resort in any reporting solution.  The negative effect on performance and maintainability is just not worth the easy ride they give the report writer.  Nine times out of ten reporting requirements…
Hot fix for .Net Crystal Reports 10.2.3600.0 to fix problems with sub reports running on 64 bit operating systems ISSUE: Reports which contain subreports fail with error "Missing Parameter Value" DEPLOYMENT SERVER OS: Windows 2008 with 64 bi…
Finds all prime numbers in a range requested and places them in a public primes() array. I've demostrated a template size of 30 (2 * 3 * 5) but larger templates can be built such 210  (2 * 3 * 5 * 7) or 2310  (2 * 3 * 5 * 7 * 11). The larger templa…
I've attached the XLSM Excel spreadsheet I used in the video and also text files containing the macros used below. https://filedb.experts-exchange.com/incoming/2017/03_w12/1151775/Permutations.txt https://filedb.experts-exchange.com/incoming/201…

821 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question