I need a solution
ms access run project
I create project using Ms Access , I do not know how can user open this project , what will be my next step that user can open main form right away?
And how i can be sure at the end of the day that all entries are safe?!!!!!!!!
will the users be on your network, or on their own system?
user on my network
1) place the original MDB on the network drive, so that you can 'see' it.
2) Open the MDB using Access, and the split it into a FrontEnd (FE) and BackEnd (BE) using Tools/DataBase Utilities/Database Spliiter. Have the tool place the BE on the Network Drive.
The BE will have the 'real' data bales, and nothing else, while the FE will have the Forms, Queries, Modules, Reports, and LINKS to the BE tables. The FE will still function EXACTLY as before.
3) from the FE MDB, using Tools/DataBAse Utilities/Make MDE File create an MDE version of your application- make sure that you then SAVE a copy of the MDB FE to a safe location, perhaps on a CD.
An MDE is a 'compiled' version of the MDB, with all of the source code for the forms, reports, modules converted into runtime 'executable' internbal code, and the actuall source code (VBA) removed, so that the MDE cannot be editted (which is why you need to keep a copy of the MDB which does have the source code)
Make sure that the MDE can successfully link to the BE.
You now have two choices:
1) copy the MDE to each user's desktop - this option makes updating the application a challenge, since each user has his/her OWN copy of the MDE, and you will need to be sure that when and if you update the MDE, t6hat each user does in fact get the newest version.
2) copy the MDE to the same network drive whewre the BE is located, and place a SHORTCUT to the MDE on each user's desktop - now updating the MDE is easy, since each user is copying the SAME file to their local memory to run the app.
The choice is up to you.
Solve your biggest tech problems alongside global tech experts with 1:1 help.
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
How it Works
Plans and Pricing
Become an Expert
Who We Are
Join Our Team
Hall of Fame
Experts Exchange, LLC.
All rights reserved. Covered by US Patent.