Solved

support code 85010014" when trying to sync with server on windows mobile 5 device using SSL

Posted on 2006-11-27
9
1,758 Views
Last Modified: 2013-11-29
getting "support code 85010014" when trying to sync with server on windows mobile 5 device using SSL.  I think the problem is related to Verisign certificate changes.  Our mail administrators updated our Verisign root and intermediate certificates; perhaps Verisign certificate on the device needs udating?
0
Comment
Question by:ustldbwh
  • 2
  • 2
  • 2
  • +1
9 Comments
 
LVL 104

Expert Comment

by:Sembee
ID: 18022672
Have you searched this site?
That error code is discussed at least three times a week. You will not have to go far to find a solution.

It is usually certificate related. If you browse to OMA and get a certificate prompt the EAS will not work.

Simon.
0
 
LVL 8

Expert Comment

by:nitadmin
ID: 18025484
Here's an article from Daniel Petri's Website.
This will help help you resolve the error Ox85010014 message you get when you try to sync with your Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone.

http://www.petri.co.il/problems_with_forms_based_authentication_and_ssl_in_activesync.htm

Cheers,
NITADMIN

0
 
LVL 7

Expert Comment

by:vasanthgnb
ID: 18025848
0x85010014 is the equivalent of HTTP_500 in Exchange ActiveSync. So check http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817379

Make sure that the Exchange virtual folder doesn't have the Require SSL option selected and Integrated Auth selected.

Thanks,
Vasanth.
0
Has Powershell sent you back into the Stone Age?

If managing Active Directory using Windows Powershell® is making you feel like you stepped back in time, you are not alone.  For nearly 20 years, AD admins around the world have used one tool for day-to-day AD management: Hyena. Discover why.

 

Author Comment

by:ustldbwh
ID: 18032168
Thank you all for your input.  I took Sembee's advice to test OMA using browser. It works on a pc and also on the smartphone.  I don't believe it is an issue with the Exchange setup. We are using a front end server configuration and it works for other WM5 devices (XV6700) to the same backend.  I was getting a security certificate is invalid on the server until I hacked our verisign certificate onto the smartphone. I think it has to be the smartphone device itself; perhaps an ID ten T error (IDIOT error) in the server connection setup.  I use the same server(mail.perstorp.com) as in OWA and OMA and require SSL. I have tried using all forms of the username. Just username, Domain\username, and username@domain.com.  The domain is specified in the server connection settings as well.  I now am getting support code 85010001 which translates to some type of protocol issue according to one of the links from a commenter.  I can't provide any log information at this time as the front end server is in Sweden - no one there right now - and I am not an Exchange domain admin so can't access it.  I don't see anything on the backend server from MSExchangeOMA or Server ActiveSync.  Not sure how to check IIS logs.  Perhaps when our Exchange expert comes back from paternal leave we can get this resolved.Thanks
0
 
LVL 7

Expert Comment

by:vasanthgnb
ID: 18036513
You will get this error when Integrated Windows Auth is selected on the Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync virtual folder on the Front-End server. You will have to uncheck that and select only Basic Authentication on the Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync folder.

Thanks,
vasanth.
0
 

Author Comment

by:ustldbwh
ID: 18040062
vasanthgnb - I have asked for verfication of the settings on the front end server's Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync virtual folder. From the way I read the kb articles it shouldn't matter on the front end - only on the back end.  We currently have another WM5 device successfully accessing a mailbox on the same back end server via the same front end (both Exchange 2003 SP2 on W2K3 SP1) sot I would think that should eliminate any settings issues on the servers.  I hope you are correct though as it will be nice to solve this.  The user is getting so frutrated he may return the smartphone before it is resolved.  Thanks
0
 
LVL 104

Accepted Solution

by:
Sembee earned 250 total points
ID: 18040557
If you suspect that the device is causing the problem and other devices are working correctly, then I wouldn't touch the Exchange configuration. Instead I would hard reset the device and configure it again.

Simon.
0

Featured Post

Optimizing Cloud Backup for Low Bandwidth

With cloud storage prices going down a growing number of SMBs start to use it for backup storage. Unfortunately, business data volume rarely fits the average Internet speed. This article provides an overview of main Internet speed challenges and reveals backup best practices.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Following basic email etiquette rules will help you write a professional email and achieve a good, lasting impression with your contacts.
How important is it to take extra precautions to protect your online business? These are some steps you can take to make sure you're free of any cyber crime.
In this Micro Video tutorial you will learn the basics about Database Availability Groups and How to configure one using a live Exchange Server Environment. The video tutorial explains the basics of the Exchange server Database Availability grou…
The basic steps you have just learned will be implemented in this video. The basic steps are shown to configure an Exchange DAG in a live working Exchange Server Environment and manage the same (Exchange Server 2010 Software is used in a Windows Ser…

831 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question