I'm in search of an improved methodology to the way I'm currently doing this report. I've read about various applications eg. SQL Reporting Services, Xcelsius, SharePoint Services and others. I'm hoping the experts here can recommend a solution for my current situation.
Inputs from multiple users:
- Numbers or Text currently manually entered in a tabular format, in MS Excel.
- Large amount of text making up executive summaries, currently entered into text box in MS Excel.
Output of Report in print and online:
- Report with page numbers
- Elements included in the report consist of
1. numbers or text in tabular format - input from users
2. Graphs based on info/numbers collected - graphs based on user input
3. executive summaries (large amount of text) - input from users
4. tables showing statuses of tasks, currently statuses are shown by images pasted in excel, ie big red dot to resemble urgent/attention required status - input from users
My Current role: Consolidate the excel workbooks, manually insert page numebrs and publish the report in printable format and online. It is more of an administrative role where users are dependent on me to check data consistency/spelling etc.
- Optimal if current input format can be kept in Excel and format of templates remains largely unchanged, but I'm open to other suggestions
- Ideal if process becomes more of a push process, ie users can see the changes they have made dynamically and are responsible for their own input.
- Optimal if the recommended solution can accomodate future needs like extracting raw data from various databases