We have a single Windows 2000 Active Directory domain with 2 domain controllers (QDC1 and QDC02)
All the FSMO roles are on QDC1
RID Master, PDC Emulator, Schema Master, Infrastructure Master and Operations Master (Domain Naming Master)
I will check all the details in this article to make sure we are ready
1) At what point should I run ADPREP /FORESTPREP and ADPREP /DOMAINPREP (on QDC1) from the 2003 CD and do I need to do anything in between, before or after each one?
2) Do I then do a standard 2003 upgrade on the server?
3) Do I need to do anything special on QDC02 or just upgrade it to 2003? Can I leave it as 2000 if needed?
4) Should this be done after hours with everyone logged off I suppose?
5) Does anything need to be done to DNS or any other services or settings?
Ive looked over all the articles online but just want to make sure Im not missing something. Thanks