Windows XP Native CD Burning Utility not working
Posted on 2006-11-28
I have a few computers for which the Windows XP Native CD Burning Utility is not working. I've been looking around and have found a few articles but nothing has worked so far. Here are a few things about the computers:
- All Dells (gx270,gx280 or gx620s with cdrws from factory)
- All have windows xp sp2
- I have made sure the recording tab is available and recording is enabled.
- I have made sure in my Group Policy objects to allow Admins and Interactive users the right to eject and format media.
- Nero seems to work fine. Normally I would use Nero, but we only have a few licenses that will not cover everyone.
- This happens to both local Admins and restricted users.
Any suggestions? Have I just overlooked something easy?