Solved

Assertion Failed (trying to call JavaScript function)

Posted on 2006-11-28
9
383 Views
Last Modified: 2013-11-20
Hi guys,

I am trying to call a JavaScript function, but I got an error which said Debug Assetion Failed, anyone able to help me out please?

Here's the function:



/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// CCustomModalDialog ExecuteScriptFunction

void CCustomModalDialog::ExecuteScriptFunction()
{
  // m_WebBrowser is an instance of IWebBrowser2
  MSHTML::IHTMLDocument2Ptr spDoc(m_browser.GetDocument());

  if (spDoc)
  {
     IDispatchPtr spDisp(spDoc->GetScript());
     if (spDisp)
     {
        // Evaluate is the name of the script function.
         
        OLECHAR FAR* szMember = L"evaluate";
        DISPID dispid;

        HRESULT hr = spDisp->GetIDsOfNames(IID_NULL, &szMember, 1,
                                       LOCALE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT, &dispid);

        if (SUCCEEDED(hr))
        {
           COleVariant vtResult;
           static BYTE parms[] = VTS_BSTR;

           COleDispatchDriver dispDriver(spDisp, FALSE);

           dispDriver.InvokeHelper(dispid, DISPATCH_METHOD, VT_VARIANT,
                                   (void*)&vtResult, parms,
                                   "5+Math.sin(9)");
        }
     }
  }
}

Cheers!
0
Comment
Question by:Cyber-Drugs
  • 7
  • 2
9 Comments
 
LVL 22

Accepted Solution

by:
mahesh1402 earned 500 total points
ID: 18034611
Because I think your browser is not having piece of javascript code with 'evaluate' function. Note that 'evaluate' is custom javascript function which calls javascript eval() function as per this article : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q185127/

your brwoser should have following piece of HTML code :

<HTML>
  <HEAD>
    <TITLE>Evaluate</TITLE>

    <SCRIPT>
      function evaluate(x)
      {
         alert("hello")
         return eval(x)
      }
   </SCRIPT>
  </HEAD>

  <BODY>
  </BODY>
</HTML>


-MAHESH
0
 
LVL 4

Author Comment

by:Cyber-Drugs
ID: 18036427
I tested the code on the following page and still get the Assertion erorr:



<html>
      <head>
            <script>
                  function evaluate(x)
      {
         alert("hello");
         return eval(x);
      }
            
                  function ExitSystem ()
                  {
                        window.external.CB_CallJS(); // Calls ExecuteScriptFunction()
                  }
            </script>
      </head>
      <body>
            <input type='button' value='click me' onclick='ExitSystem();' />
      </body>
</html>
0
 
LVL 4

Author Comment

by:Cyber-Drugs
ID: 18036556
Just a thought, but do I maybe need to tell it the name of the Web Browser Element on my C++ Form?
0
Free Tool: SSL Checker

Scans your site and returns information about your SSL implementation and certificate. Helpful for debugging and validating your SSL configuration.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

 
LVL 22

Expert Comment

by:mahesh1402
ID: 18037021
Webbrowser control 'm_browser' should have above piece of HTML code.
0
 
LVL 4

Author Comment

by:Cyber-Drugs
ID: 18037079
That's the right one...

Want me to upload the project to ee-stuff.com and maybe you can see what is going wrong?
0
 
LVL 4

Author Comment

by:Cyber-Drugs
ID: 18037519
I just ran a debug, and it's falling over on this line:


MSHTML::IHTMLDocument2Ptr spDoc(m_browser.GetDocument());
0
 
LVL 4

Author Comment

by:Cyber-Drugs
ID: 18037585
Just added an if statement on m_browser, and it seems it doesn't exist...

How would I go about populating it with whatever it needs?
0
 
LVL 4

Author Comment

by:Cyber-Drugs
ID: 18037899
I did a check, and it is being declared:


      //{{AFX_DATA(CCustomModalDialog)
      enum { IDD = IDD_MODAL_DIALOG };
      CWebBrowser2      m_browser;
      //}}AFX_DATA



It's just not working, I think if I can get it to work, then the JavaScript call will work. Ideas please?
0
 
LVL 4

Author Comment

by:Cyber-Drugs
ID: 18038127
OK fixed it!!

It was something extremely stupid...

some pages were m_browser and others were m_Browser

Once I standardized that, it worked!!!!


Cheers mahesh1402 !
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: SSL Checker

Scans your site and returns information about your SSL implementation and certificate. Helpful for debugging and validating your SSL configuration.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Title # Comments Views Activity
Expand LInux Boot partition remotly 3 96
Perl Awk Need Help 3 128
mapBully challenge 6 152
Way to decrease size of apk file 9 86
Introduction: Displaying information on the statusbar.   Continuing from the third article about sudoku.   Open the project in visual studio. Status bar – let’s display the timestamp there.  We need to get the timestamp from the document s…
Introduction: Finishing the grid – keyboard support for arrow keys to manoeuvre, entering the numbers.  The PreTranslateMessage function is to be used to intercept and respond to keyboard events. Continuing from the fourth article about sudoku. …
This video will show you how to get GIT to work in Eclipse.   It will walk you through how to install the EGit plugin in eclipse and how to checkout an existing repository.
Established in 1997, Technology Architects has become one of the most reputable technology solutions companies in the country. TA have been providing businesses with cost effective state-of-the-art solutions and unparalleled service that is designed…

856 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question