Computer keeps rebooting
Posted on 2006-11-29
First a rundown on recent failures:
- white screen appeared during working
- white screen appeared after Windows logo on boot
- no signal into monitor at all
- exchanged graphics board
- started again but reboots after a while of work
- tried fresh install of XP
- reboots during install process (still in DOS part of setup)
- tried new HDD, same result
- ran memtest86 which showed errors on test #5 at around 98%
- tried new RAM, worked fine for some hours, then again reboots were happening
- ran memtest86 on the new RAM, again errors on test #5
Is it possible that some other defect, can cause the RAM errors? Like the power supply or something else?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!