Combine .bin/.iso from PC Game into 1 DVD
Posted on 2006-12-01
Here's the general stuff:
- 4 .bin and .cue files (4CD's for a video game)
- I extracted the 4 .bin files into one massive folder (2.2 GB). The only overlapping files were autorun.inf (I kept the one from CD1.bin) and a \data\id.m3i file (more on this later).
- Burned data from folder onto DVD.
- Insert DVD; Autoplay; Game Splash Screen; Install; Install Wizard prompts me for CD2: I simply press OK, and install continues on same DVD. This repeats for CD3 and CD4. Installation success.
- I try to run the game and it says: "Error: Please Insert Game CD".
So basically, it recognizes the DVD as the game during installation, but not during gameplay.
The game is Myst III: Exile. I extracted the .bin files using TUGZip Ver. 3.4. I burned the files onto DVD using Nero Express.
Each CD has a dataX.tag (where X is the CD#) in the root directory, and they are all on my DVD.... HOWEVER... There is a common \data folder. Every file is different except for this id.m3i file. I viewed the file using notepad, and it simply shows a number corresponding to the CD#. e.g. id.m3i on CD1 contents: "1". CD2: "2", etc. I'm not sure if this is the root of the problem. I would think not, considering that I kept CD1's id.m3i file there, so if the game were looking for a CD, it would look for (and find) CD1.
Here is the exact error message:
Cannot locate the CD-ROM
Please insert the Myst III: Exile CD-ROM, select OK and restart application
I assume it's looking for some kind of identifier (I'm not sure how these games identify CD's). Basically, I know I can download some kind of no-CD crack, but that is not the solution I'm looking for. I want to do this for many of my games, so wondering how people get around this.