Aright folks, like the title says... our OWA crashes... here are some details, please ask for any information that you need.
* Exchange default setup on one box.
* Exchange 2003 SP1 is installed on a box running Windows Server 2003 SP1.
* Box is a Xeon 2.4 Ghz, 2.5GB Ram, RAID 1 (Exchange Data), Raid 1 (Exchange Logs), Gigabit NIC.
* Information store ~ 45GB
* McAfee Groupsheild 6.2
* GFI FAXMaker connector
* Clients use Outlook 2003 / Firefox / MSIE 6.0
* There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when it will crash. Appears to be completely at random.
* Has crashed from a frequent of twice in a week to once in 3 weeks.
* Restarting all Exchange services will not bring OWA back.
* Restarting IIS service will not bring OWA back.
* Restarting Groupshield service will not bring OWA back.
* Only restarting the box will bring OWA back.
* While OWA is down, all other exchange related services, IMAP, SMTP and POP are fully funtional and running.
* While OWA is down, port 80 on the exchange box appears to be open but instantly disconnects. Appears to be refusing connections. Checked using "Telnet ExchangeIP 80"
* No clues appear in the event logs. There are a few errors and warnings but seem unrelated.
I have System Information captures for both while owa is running and when it crashed. Nothing suspicious there...
So ask me what you want/need to know...