We are having a problem where an external e-mail with an attachment > 3MB in size returns the error:PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 12): 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation.
Here is what I have checked:
1) I checked the registry to see if PDF was being blocked at level1 or level2 and it isn't (PDF was the attachment in some specific cases)
2) SMTP virtual server message size was set to 4mb and I increased it to 10 MB.
3) Firebox SMTP was set to 3MB and I increased it to 15 MB
4) I increased message incoming and outgoing mail to 15mb for the individual users having trouble.
5) I sent myself an e-mail that was 7mb and I have not received it and I got the above return email error.
Prior to changing the firebox settings we were not getting return e-mail errors... now we are therefore I think the problem is in exchange. What am I forgetting to check???