I have an HP ML350 G5 server using an E200i RAID controller w/ 128MB cache and a BBWC. I have 6 SATA 250GB 7200 RPM drives in a hot-plug drive cage. This is what I'm getting:
When I set the cache to 0% read / 100% write and perform sequential reads, I get 50MB/s (~400mbps)
When I set the cache to 100% read / 0% write and perform sequential writes, I get 7MB/s (~50mbps)
When I set the cache to 50% read / 50% write, I get good read and write performance
I'm assuming that either:
1) All 6 drives are bad (not very likely)
2) Something's wrong with the integrated E200i controller
I have 3 questions:
1) Are there any other possibilities than above?
2) What is most likely wrong?
3) Would purchasing a P400 RAID controller (411064-B21) probably solve the problem? If yes, can I hook up the 6-drive hot-plug cage to the controller?