We are running Presentation Server 4 with Rollup Pack R02 installed on a 2 Windows 2000 (SP4) Server Farm.
Recently, we have been randomly losing the ability to print labels out of our Citrix based application. This usually happens everyday, mostly in the afternoon but can occur at anytime. Printing will just stop working and maybe 10 minutes later will start to work again. No closing of the application or rebooting the workstation, though that sometimes seems to help.
1. We have 3 different XP Pro workstations that are setup the same
2. Each one has a Dymo 330 Turbo Label Printer attached locally via USB
3. Dymo software is not installed, only the XP drivers
4. Other network printing is not effected by this
5. The Ctirx Servers are rebooted nightly
6. No recent Citrix hotfixes or Windows updates. We were on Rollup Pack R01 for about a year when this started happening. We applied R02 and there was no change.
7. Print Processors are set to WinPrint and RAW
8. Dymo 330 Turbo is installed as a native driver in PS4 on both servers
9. Citrix Web clients are version 9.150 or higher, but this happens on any version
10. All 3 workstations do not lose printing ability at the same time - it is intermittent
11. While this is happening, local printing to the Label printer works fine
12. Users are not doing anything special or different when the label printers go down
13. Label printers seem to auto-create fine and delete fine
14. The label printers worked fine for over a year in this configuration
Each time this happens, we get an error in the System Log of the Citrix server: Event ID: 6161 - The document owned by username failed to print on printer Client/computername/printername. Data type: NT EMF 1.008. Size of the spool file in bytes: 12932. Number of bytes printed: 0. Total number of pages in the document: 1. Number of pages printed: 0. Client machine: \\citrixservername. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 119.
This error has occurred on our network printers before, but maybe once a month on 1 random printer out of our 20. Not a daily occurrence like this is.
We have tried:
1. Changing the drivers
2. Changing the drivers settings
3. Putting 1 workstation on an APC Smart-UPS 1500 to rule out any possible power issue
4. Changing the Citrix Web Client version
5. Re-creating the Ctx_SMAUser account using the Citrix tool
6. Setting up local printer queues on the Citrix Servers, instead of auto-creating them
7. Power-cycling the Label printers
Thanks for your help!