troubleshooting Question

Problems setting up RPC Outlook via the web on SOME but not all clients.

Avatar of jdcreece
jdcreece asked on
ExchangeMicrosoft Server OSSBS
33 Comments1 Solution396 ViewsLast Modified:
Using SBS 2003 R2 Premium. EVERYTHING is working flawlessly. When I set up remote clients for RPC on a CLEAN copy of WinXP and and CLEAN Office 2003 I have no problems. When I set up remote clients that already have a copy of Office 03 that they have been using I keep getting errors saying name can't be matched to a name in the address list. OWA works fine. POP works for receiving but not sending. I have other users that are remotely accessing the server with Entourage on OSX with no problems.

Our community of experts have been thoroughly vetted for their expertise and industry experience.

Log in to continue reading
Become an EE member today7-DAY FREE TRIAL
Members can start a 7-Day Free trial then enjoy unlimited access to the platform for $9.99/mo
View membership options
Unlock 1 Answer and 33 Comments.
Learn why we charge membership fees
We get it - no one likes a content blocker. Take one extra minute and find out why we block content.
See how we're fighting big data
The Value of Experts Exchange in My Daily IT Life

Experts Exchange (EE) has become my company's go-to resource to get answers. I've used EE to make decisions, solve problems and even save customers. OutagesIO has been a challenging project and... Keep reading >>


Owner of Outages.IO
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Member Since 2016
Join a full scale community that combines the best parts of other tools into one platform.
Unlock 1 Answer and 33 Comments.
View membership options
“All of life is about relationships, and EE has made a virtual community a real community. It lifts everyone's boat.”
William Peck

Member since 2004