We run a Novexx Xxtreme card/label printer off a Dell PC. The printer has worked day in day out since the PC was installed brand new approximately 6 months ago.
* is connected to the PC by a parrellel cable.
* uses the nice label driver
After having printed a number of jobs, the user went to print a new job and the printer ceased responding to print requests from the PC
We have tried:
* rebooting both the PC and the printer (numerous times)
* connecting a different PC to the printer
* connecting PC to other printer - worked fine
* alternate parrallel cables (both cables tested fine on other printer)
* resetting printer - on/off + Feed + Cut
* print tests from system commands in printer - all worked fine.
Help desperately needed?