- We have a complex JAVA applet.
- Servlets are used for receiving and returning data from Applet.
- Servlets contain XML data fetched from database.
- We use hibernate for database connectivity.
- Threads are used for GUI responsiveness
- We use Netbeans 5.0
- We use Apache Tomcat as the servlet container.
Problem : It takes a hell lot of time to add new features to the applet. Even adding a combo box and filling it with value received from database is a pain.
Question : What can we do in order to shorten the development time?