OWA ActiveSync not working after installing Messageware Calendar share
Posted on 2007-03-19
I have 2 exchange servers completely seperate and I installed Messageware's Calendar Share to give OWA the same function as Outlook to share calendars, it worked with a few hickups but the greatest was ActiveSync does not work anymore, you get the error;
ActiveSync encountered a problem on the server
Support code 0x85010014
This is a typical Microsoft error which covers a multitude of things. I have emailed the Company but they are 5 hours behind so I dont expect to hear for a while.
The software works on OWA which uses Form based authentication and SSL as they say the permissions on the IIS folders have to be Basic not Integrated windows authentication. All seemed fine till I tried to sync my XDA then nothing.
Uninstalled the software
Put back a backup of IIS config
reset IIS back to original
Uninstalled IIS - drastic but getting desperate, which meant I reinstalled Exchange and SP2. Didn't lose anything including the error!!
I use self SSL and have renewed it numerous times
I have checked all IIS folder settings against another working Exchange server and there is nothing different apart from that never had Calendar share on.
Has anyone used this software and had similar problems.