This error is driving me nuts, 0x0000232a rcode_server_failure. I dont see where I went wrong. I will go through step by step and give my thoughts and hopefully you can see where I went wrong.
1. I shut off DHCP on my router. I also have an ethernet converter but I do not believe it has DHCP.
2. I give my server a static IP address of 192.168.0.126 and my default gateway is 192.168.0.1. I leave DNS blank. I now have no internet access with this machine.
3. I install DNS. It tells me that I have at least one dynamically assigned IP address. I have always gotten this and I dont know if that is a problem. I thought that I had it all set up as a static. I hit ok and continue on anyway.
4. I go to DNS and set up a primary forward lookup zone and I name it g.local.
5. Still in DNSmgmt I go and configure my forwarders. In the forwarders tab the DNS domain box lists All other domains. I add my ISP's DNS servers IP the forward IP address list.
6. I then install DHCP. I setup my scope range 192.168.0.1 through .200.
7. I then install Active directory. I get a DNS server faliure. 0x0000232a rcode_server_failure. In the past I have left it alone and continued and selected set this computer to use this DNS server as it preferred dns server. I have even set up the DNS of the server as 127.0.0.1 as I have seen that has been a solution for other users. But Both have not worked for me.
8. For my clients I have set them up to obtain IP and DNS automatically and I have given them addresses but still I can not get them to connect.