?
Solved

Problem Configuring ObjectDataSource Component in ASP.NET 2.0- Business Objects selection not updated

Posted on 2007-03-22
4
Medium Priority
?
219 Views
Last Modified: 2013-11-26
Hi Experts,

When I try to configure the Data Source of a ObjectDataSource component in ASP.NET 2.0, The available business objects from the dropdown list are not updated ones.

In my web presentation project, there is a DLL reference comes from business logic project. I made some changes of the business logic project (added and changed some functions defined within a TableAdpater), however, when I configure ObjectDataSource in my presentation layer project, those business objects from the dropdown list is not reflecting the changes I've made in the business layer project

Right now, I can resolve this problem by removing the DLL reference from web project, then add it back again, and recompile, and then everything is fine, but I'm sure this shouldn't be the right way to go.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
0
Comment
Question by:caibeier
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 2
4 Comments
 
LVL 37

Accepted Solution

by:
samtran0331 earned 1500 total points
ID: 18772904
>>I can resolve this problem by removing the DLL reference from web project, then add it back again, and recompile

Just recompiling without dropping/re-adding the reference doesn't work to update your intellisense?
0
 

Author Comment

by:caibeier
ID: 18773168
I've tried recompile before drop/add, unfortunately it didn't work out.
0
 
LVL 7

Expert Comment

by:RainMan82
ID: 18773824
it may be an order of operations....try adding the tableadapter, creating the dataset, and then adding the object datasource and selecting the dataset from the list...good luck
0
 

Author Comment

by:caibeier
ID: 18774779
Hi RainMan82,

I did follow that order to create dataset, then tableadapters for the dataset, then add functions to tableadpater to retrieve data. the problem is, when I change then functions (i.e. change function signature), then recompile, the changes are not reflected in objectdatasource configuration, until I do the remove/re-add, and compile the DLL thing.

Thanks for help!
0

Featured Post

How To Reduce Deployment Times With Pre-Baked AMIs

Even if we can't include all the files in the base image, we can sometimes include some of the larger files that we would otherwise have to download, and we can also sometimes remove the most time-consuming steps. This can help a lot with reducing deployment times.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This document covers how to connect to SQL Server and browse its contents.  It is meant for those new to Visual Studio and/or working with Microsoft SQL Server.  It is not a guide to building SQL Server database connections in your code.  This is mo…
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could test whether an element is contained in an array by using a Contains method just like the one available on List objects? Wouldn’t it be good if you could write code like this? (CODE) In .NET 3.5, this is possible…
In this video we outline the Physical Segments view of NetCrunch network monitor. By following this brief how-to video, you will be able to learn how NetCrunch visualizes your network, how granular is the information collected, as well as where to f…
In this video, Percona Director of Solution Engineering Jon Tobin discusses the function and features of Percona Server for MongoDB. How Percona can help Percona can help you determine if Percona Server for MongoDB is the right solution for …
Suggested Courses

800 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question