Need help with Open Source Solution to Secure Emails with Secure Web page
Posted on 2007-03-22
I am look to implement a process of sending someone a secure email but instead of having the body or attachment of the email transmitted I would like to have the recipient sent a link to a secure web site to access the info. I am believe there is a solution for this in the open source world ( wireshark uses something similar for announcements). If anyone has any solutions, thoughts, or insights they are all welcome. Below it the processes I have envisioned let me know anyone has seen this as a complete project or is it one that need to be built from the ground up.
1) user send and email that need to be secure.
2) email is set to the web server
3) the web server converts the email and attachments if any to a (secure ) web page
4) the web server sends out an email to the intended recipient with just a link to newly created web page.
5) when the user opens the email they can click on the link and and login to view the body of the email.