Office Enterprise 2007 Uninstall did not complete successfully
Posted on 2007-03-24
The Wonderful Office 2007!!!!
1. I had office 2000 installed on my XP SP2 system.
2. I upgraded to Vista Business
3. Outlook 2000 has now llost my Address book (WAB.DLL)
4. I though, no problem, I will upgrade to the wonderful new Office 2007 Enterprise suite.
5. The 2007 install left Outlook 2000 in use and same problem (WAB) still exists.
6. Uninstalled Office 2003
7. Tried office 2007 'add features - add Outlook 2007'
8. GROUNDHOG DAY - Office 2007 installer finishes with message 'configuration did not complete successfully' .
9. Tried Repair, Uninstall, Reload from CD, Now Repair won't complete, Uninstall won't complete and Install won't complete.
Short of ripping chunks out of the registry, I can't see a way out of this? I had a similar problem with Office 1997 (yes 1997) interestingly.
Any help would be very gratefully received
Thanks in anticipation.