?
Solved

Exchange OMA Problems HELP!

Posted on 2007-03-26
4
Medium Priority
?
297 Views
Last Modified: 2008-01-09
Exchange OMA was working without errors on my client's SBS server until they had a power failure.  Ever since that day they have not been able to synch with their phones.  On the hanheld I recieve the following error:
ActiveSync encountered a problem with the server.
Support Code: 0x85010014
On the server I recieve this error:
Source: Server ActiveSync   Event ID: 3005
Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server: [SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.local] User: [%username%@Domainname.com] HTTP status code: [501]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly.

I have been working this on and off over the weekend and I need help :)  I have already tried checking for the required SBS registry entries for the VDirectory. I have recreated the virtual directories in IIS using metabase explorer. I have checked and rechecked permissions and settings.  When OMA worked previously I had Forms based Authentication enabled with no problems, but I have been trying to get it to work any way I can at this point haha. Any ideas??
0
Comment
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 2
4 Comments
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:Leverage IT Consulting
ID: 18791123
Don't know if this helps, but when I browse the /exchange-oma directory in IIS i get a directory listing rather than the OWA that you would usually get. Thanks again
0
 
LVL 18

Assisted Solution

by:amaheshwari
amaheshwari earned 400 total points
ID: 18791499
0
 
LVL 104

Accepted Solution

by:
Sembee earned 1600 total points
ID: 18792076
If you have played around with the IIS configuration, I would suggest a reset back to the default.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=883380

Remember to remove the virtual directory that you created AND its registry key.
Once you have reset everything back to the defaults, test again to see if OMA works.
If it does, then use my guide which has a few extra steps from 817379 to fix the problem.
http://www.amset.info/exchange/mobile-85010014.asp

Simon.
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:Leverage IT Consulting
ID: 18796283
Well thank you for the help.  It was a combination or recreating the OMA virtual Directory in the exchange system manager and recreating the /exchange-oma Vdir in IIS and importing the reg key.  
0

Featured Post

Does Your Cloud Backup Use Blockchain Technology?

Blockchain technology has already revolutionized finance thanks to Bitcoin. Now it's disrupting other areas, including the realm of data protection. Learn how blockchain is now being used to authenticate backup files and keep them safe from hackers.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

A couple of months ago we ran into an issue that necessitated re-creating our Edge Subscriptions. However, when we attempted to execute the command: New-EdgeSubscription -filename C:\NewEdgeSub_01.xml we received an error indicating that the LDAP se…
The core idea of this article is to make you acquainted with the best way in which you can export Exchange mailbox to PST format.
In this Micro Video tutorial you will learn the basics about Database Availability Groups and How to configure one using a live Exchange Server Environment. The video tutorial explains the basics of the Exchange server Database Availability grou…
This video discusses moving either the default database or any database to a new volume.
Suggested Courses

719 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question