So this morning i come in and i'm unable to remote into the domain using remote desktop. It starts to login then just closes down. It creates 2 events in the app viewer on the server
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000
Time: 10:24:35 AM
Faulting application , version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0008e89f.
Event Type: Information
Event Source: DrWatson
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4097
Time: 10:24:36 AM
The application, C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlog
on.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 03/27/2007 @ 10:24:36.031 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 0008E89F (<nosymbols>)
I found one post that suggested a SFC which unfortunately made no difference. I also found a MS article but that also seemed to have no affect on the issue. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914048
This is a SBS2k3 sp1 box with sp2 installed for exchange. I have not recently installed any updates that might cause this issue that i'm aware of. In fact the last update installed was a few months ago. I was able to remote in yesterday just fine. I've tried rebooting this morning with no success.
I ran spybot this morning for fun but all that was found was a cookie or two. I have yet to run hijack this, however since this machine rarely if ever touches the net i'm not to worried.
Everything else appears to be functioning correctly, i've had no other problems.