Blank messages in Outlook

I have an Outlook 2003 SP2 installation on Windows XP SP2 that is receiving blank messages.  I have set it to leave the messages on the server and determined that messages with attachments are causing the problem.  They are not blank on the server.  However, in Outlook they appear as blank 791 byte messages.  I have made sure all updates are current and there is no antivirus installed on this system.  I also disabled Outlook plug-ins.  The messages are downloaded via POP3.
LVL 1
internetcreationsAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Webinar] Streamline your web hosting managementRegister Today

x
 
war1Connect With a Mentor Commented:
internetcreations,

1. Disable MS Word as editor and check if you can see the emails.  Go to Tools > Options > MS Word to disable using MS Word as editor.

2. Register an important Outlook file. Go to Start > Run and type regsvr32 OLE32.DLL
Do the same for INETCOMM.DLL

3. You said you have disable Outlook Addins.  To verify, go to Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options > Addin Manager or COMM/Addins and disable the addins.

4. Check if an external program running in the background is interfering with Outlook. Check Firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antispam, and all Norton programs. Disable these programs one at a time.

5. Create a new Outlook profile.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/profile.htm

6. Repair Outlook. With Outlook open, go to Help > Detect and Repair.

7. If no joy, reinstall Outlook.  Go to Add/Remove Programs and highlight Microsoft Office. Click on Install/Uninstall.  A menu will pop allowing you to choose repair or reinstall.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291614
0
 
CBanmanCommented:
Try creating a profile for this user on another PC with the same versions of OS and Office, and see if the issue exists there as well.  If not, try recreating the POP3 account on the affected users PC, and even create a new PST file for them to download to.

See if that does the trick.
0
 
internetcreationsAuthor Commented:
I tried it on another computer and did not have a problem.  I will try recreating the profile and PST file next.
0
 
internetcreationsAuthor Commented:
I ended up finding Chapura running as an add in.  I disabled this and all Palm related items on the system and it seems to be working fine now.
0
All Courses

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.