I'm trying to put together a CR XI sub-report for a report in an ASP.NET application, and I'm having difficulty... I don't understand how fields in the sub-report are linked to the main one. I've tried a couple of things, but had no luck with making data appear.
I know I must be doing _something_ right: I have created a combined lastname, firstname text field in the details section of the sub-report. The data isn't showing, but the comma that I use to separate the fn and ln is showing up twice in the preview, consistent with the exptected number of records to be returned.
I have tried using the Subreport Links dialog to establish links between the main and sub reports. But when I try to establish a link between the only the lastname fields from the main report to the same field in the sub-report, nothing shows when I preview it. In fact, the two commas mentioned above are gone, replaced by only one comma.