Recovery of failed exchange server
Posted on 2007-04-02
We are simulating a motherboard crash on our exchange server. We have system state backups and complete OS windows backup and our exchange stores are on a SAN. I think we should be able;
1) Shut down live email server and build a new clean O/S on a new (identical hardware)
2) Restore system state, Windows OS and exchange binarys data back to new server
3) Restart new server and check connection to AD & DNS (should be no need to join to domain or reset computer account) Need to figure out how to start exchange services without mounting databases, Any ideas????
4) Ensure datbases are accessible on SAN
5) Mount the databases and check for errors