Want to win a PS4? Go Premium and enter to win our High-Tech Treats giveaway. Enter to Win


contact with the farm data store has been lost

Posted on 2007-04-03
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2012-05-05
Hi we have a citrix farm presentation server XP 4.0 and we have a web interface. The end users can access the web interface from outside. But when i get to the access suite and do a run and discovery , the web interface doesnt come up,  i get an error that says the contact with the farm data store has been lost and some web interface web servers could not be contacted. Also when i click on the license management console  i get a page cannot be found , and on the top of that i get microsoft.net errors.
I ran the dsmaint recreatelhc but that didnt do the trci.
Any ideas ?
Question by:c_hockland
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 3
LVL 19

Accepted Solution

BLipman earned 1600 total points
ID: 18846575
did you just load .NET 2 or 3 recently, if so follow these directions:

To fix the issues with .NET 2.0 on a Web Interface server perform the following:

1) Create a file named, “mmc.exe.config” in the C:\Windows\system32 directory. Then add the following lines to the file. You should be able to open the Access Suite Console without any further problems.

<?xml version ="1.0"?>
        <requiredRuntime version="v1.1.4322"/>
        <supportedRuntime version="v1.1.4322"/>

Author Comment

ID: 18846674
ok, i did , but i cannot open the license suite. I can open Access Suite Console , but i need to access the suite.
I have .net 1.1 on the server.
By the way , when i created the file as you advised , do i have to restart something ?

Author Comment

ID: 18846943
i dont know why , but the web interface console works like new now...Although i am sure i had 1.1 version of .Net interface...
can you look on the other issues as well ?  I dont have any problem to give the points right now and open another ticket.

please advise..

Author Comment

ID: 18846954
when i try to open the license console now i get page not found

HTTP 400 - Bad Request
Internet Explorer
LVL 37

Assisted Solution

by:Carl Webster
Carl Webster earned 400 total points
ID: 18847854
When that happens with the license server I have had to uninstall and reinstall it.  I don't recommend putting the license console and the web interface on the same server.


Featured Post

Windows Server 2016: All you need to know

Learn about Hyper-V features that increase functionality and usability of Microsoft Windows Server 2016. Also, throughout this eBook, you’ll find some basic PowerShell examples that will help you leverage the scripts in your environments!

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

#Citrix #Internet Explorer #Enterprise Mode #IE 11 #IE 8
#Citrix #XenDesktop #POC #Proof-of-concept
How to install and configure Citrix XenApp 6.5 - Part 1. In this video tutorial we have explained step by step installation of Citrix XenApp 6.5 Server on Windows Server 2008 R2 is explained in this video. We have explained the difference between…
This demo shows you how to set up the containerized NetScaler CPX with NetScaler Management and Analytics System in a non-routable Mesos/Marathon environment for use with Micro-Services applications.

609 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question