How To Get MAC Address (PC is Shut-down) From Logs, Command Prompt ..anything
Posted on 2007-04-07
I would need to wake a PC remotely using its Mac Address.
1) I don't know the mac address
2) The PC is currently switched off
3) The PC, when on, has a Fixed IP address, so in the DHCP cache
of the domain controller doesn't appear
What I have:
1) Access to a Windows 2003 domain controller
2) running MS-SQL, Exchange, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory and so on
3) I'm the administrator
normally and arp -a would do... but the PC is currently switched off...so i guess the only way to find
out is to query some logs...or look some properties in Active directory... but Couldn't find anything so far.
As said, the DHCP service would help as it gives the last assigned IP and MAC address...but the PC ha a fixed IP assigned...so no record in there..