Non-English encoding in Jmail

hi,

i'm sending a hebrew ASP page as a newsletter using Jmail.... i had a problem that all the text was showing garbled when the mail arrived.

kelvinwkw showed me that using server.htmlencode on the dynamic parts of the page displayed it correctly.

my problem now is that are a few lines of text on this asp page which are not taken from a database and these are still showing garbled when the mail is received....

i tried <%=Server.HTMLEncode(Response.Write("hebrew text here"))%> but the text still does not display.

any suggestions?

thanks

dog
dog_starAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

kelvinwkwCommented:
Hi,

What if you save the file in utf-8 format?


Best Regards
Kelvin
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
dog_starAuthor Commented:
hi,

thanks for your reply...

i should have given a little more info in my original post....

i am using utf-8 as the encoding and the page displays correctly in the browser... in Jmail i have defined the encoding with this :

msgTemplate.ContentType = "text/html; charset=UTF-8"
'msgTemplate.ContentTransferEncoding = "65001"
msgTemplate.Charset = "utf-8"

as you can see i commented out the middle line as i found it made no difference.

cheers

dog
0
kelvinwkwCommented:
Hi,

to ensure the hebrew text to display correctly in a file, you have to saved the file format as utf-8, but not as ANSI format.

Best Regards
Kelvin
0
dog_starAuthor Commented:
hi kelvin,
yes, the page was saved as utf-8...
i've found why the example i gave in the OP didn't work... i used

<%=Server.HTMLEncode(Response.Write("hebrew text here"))%>

where all i needed to use was

<%=Server.HTMLEncode("hebrew text here")%>

pretty silly really....
so thanks for your help kelvin... i've given you the points for your trouble as it was your solution just i'd implemented it incorrectly :)

cheers

dog
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
ASP

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.