Want to win a PS4? Go Premium and enter to win our High-Tech Treats giveaway. Enter to Win

x
?
Solved

exchange 2007 with activesync to windows mobile 5 trouble

Posted on 2007-04-11
5
Medium Priority
?
2,995 Views
Last Modified: 2013-12-05
I cannot get my verizon vx6700 phone to sync with my exchage 2007 server.  The pocket pc gives me the error code 0x8501004.  I have just done a full reset of this device, and installed the DST2007 update and my root certificate for the SSL to my exchange server.  (note: i can get this to work just fine one of our exchange 2003 servers).

On the exchange 2007 box i get the following error in the event log (Event ID 1021):
A non-compliant device is attempting to connect with Exchange ActiveSync, but the Exchange ActiveSync mailbox policy for user [malatex\djohnson] and device id [24B1FD9CD5683998C9F87285382978E0] requires devices to be compliant before syncronizing with Exchange ActiveSync.

So far i have verified that i have enabled activesync in the exchange control panel for this user account, and also used the command line to enter the command as well (i saw this on another post).

Any help or ideas would be apprecited to help resolve this issue for me.

Thanks everyone for your time & input!!!
0
Comment
Question by:danej256
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 3
  • 2
5 Comments
 
LVL 104

Accepted Solution

by:
Sembee earned 2000 total points
ID: 18888724
You need to look at your ActiveSync policy.
EMC, Org Config, Client Access.
Check whether the policy allows non-provisioned devices to access the server.

Simon.
0
 

Author Comment

by:danej256
ID: 18890200
Thanks Sembee for the response.

I have tried this and i get the same results.  I have also tried it with no device defined in the EMC, Org Config, Client Access.  Also in this area i am leaving all password stuff unchecked.
0
 
LVL 104

Expert Comment

by:Sembee
ID: 18890579
Have you set the user account with an Active Sync policy?

Simon.
0
 

Author Comment

by:danej256
ID: 18894070
This is working now, i deleted my activesync mail policy and did it from scratch again.  And now it is working.  So not sure what fixed it, maybe it just took an hour to take effect??!!

Thanks for the help with this issue.  I will provide you your points for your help!
0

Featured Post

Tech or Treat! - Giveaway

Submit an article about your scariest tech experience—and the solution—and you’ll be automatically entered to win one of 4 fantastic tech gadgets.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

One-stop solution for Exchange Administrators to address all MS Exchange Server issues, which is known by the name of Stellar Exchange Toolkit.
With so many activities to perform, Exchange administrators are always busy in organizations. If everything, including Exchange Servers, Outlook clients, and Office 365 accounts work without any issues, they can sit and relax. But unfortunately, it…
Finding and deleting duplicate (picture) files can be a time consuming task. My wife and I, our three kids and their families all share one dilemma: Managing our pictures. Between desktops, laptops, phones, tablets, and cameras; over the last decade…
If you’ve ever visited a web page and noticed a cool font that you really liked the look of, but couldn’t figure out which font it was so that you could use it for your own work, then this video is for you! In this Micro Tutorial, you'll learn yo…
Suggested Courses

604 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question