I have an XP sp 2 machine running IE7. When user logs on to the machine and tries to pull up a specific site (www.noname.com
) they get an HTTP 500 error.(The user has no problem surfing the rest of the net) If that person logs on to the same machine using a different account they can access the site using IE7 with no error. I installed FireFox under the account that is having the trouble and it too can access the site. I purged all cookies and temp files and have set both privacy and Internet zones to Medium with no change in the problem. I have checked the host file and it is at the default 127.0.0.1
The problem points to the user settings for IE but I can find no area where it says to fail when opening that one site. The domain is not in the restricted zones and I have turned off all personal firewall settings.