I need to create an MS Access Database that collects information from employees mid-way through a long-term assignment at an offsite location. I need to track the following information and allow it to be searchable. I am looking for someone to help me with the database structure:
1. Staff Member information (Name, Address, Phone, Email, etc.)
2. Offsite Location (basically just the address)
3. Duration of the Offsite Assignment (Start Date, Mid-Way Point Date and End Date)
4. Point of Contact information (info about the people at the offsite that can provide help to future employees should they be sent to this location)
5. Customer Service Capabilities of the Offsite Location (i.e. services offered)
6. Unique/Unusual/Out-of-the-ordinary Situation or Issues that occured during the Offsite
7. Problems identified at the Offsite
8. Solutions to problems identified at the Offsite (if any)
9. Employees assessment of the quality of training received before going to the Offsite
Other important information:
1. A staff member will only be assigned to one location at a time.
2. Each location can have multiple Situations/Issues
3. Each location can have multiple Points of Contact
4. Each location can have multiple Customer Service Capabilities
5. There is a pre-defined list of locations, but we still need the ability to add a location in the future
6. Customer Service Capabilities are also fairly standard, but others will need to be added
7. Information needs to be searchable by any of the criteria listed
8. I need to create forms that will guide users through the process of entering and searching information.
I am not a database novice, but I am also no expert. In fact, I am a bit rusty after a long hiatus from database design. :-) If I can get a clear understanding of how to structure the information, I think I will be able to go from there.