I'm trying to narrow down the availability of support for various script languages on web svr.
Appreciate if you U can put down your answers to my statements : True / False. If U like to comment, feel free.
(1) OS onwhich a web server can b installed are: Windows, Linux, MacOS or other types of UNIX.
(2) Web servers software: Apache (from some article, used by 60% of the internet web servers, various versions for running on Win, Linux, MacOS), IIS (Win ver only), others
(3) Web server native script "engine" (not sure abt the correct tech term) :
CGI (oldest, 15yrs?), PHP (newest, 5 yrs?), ASP (older >5 yrs, win), ASP.Net (newer >5 yrs, win)
(4) Web server support for script lang : Perl, JV, VB, Python, etc
(5) Web svr support for exe files : Can use any lang's n must b pre-compiled under the same OS.
(6) Which scripts are surviving/growing, which are not ?