R-Sync issues, or possibly the Linux OS
Posted on 2007-07-19
I dont know if this an R-Sync issue or a linux OS issue.
I have a server that runs R-Sync, effectivly making a copy of my main data server.
I have had a problem with it recently, but im not sure if its to do with permissions not being correct or the schedule i have set up in the crontab scheduler.
I wanted to exclude more than one folder when backing up my data, usually i use --exclude "folder name" now i want to exclude more folders, how is this done, do i do it like this
--exclude "folder name" --exclude "folder name 2" --exclude "folder name 3"
or do I do it like this
--exclude "folder name" "folder name 2" "folder name 3"
I am really lost with it, all help rewarded.
As for the OS, my ssh link to the data server no longer works and i cant delete it, i have made another one and named it "connection 2" instead of "connection", which is the faulty one, could this be the cause of my problems with R-Sync or just a coinsidence.
I run this on Fedora Core 5, all updated, and R-Sync 2.8 i think, not entirely sure but it was the latest version about 5 months ago