- We have a dynamic IP and use an in-house Exchange server.
- This has been setup recently.
- I have it setup to connect to the ISP server and download emails for the users in the office periodically.
- Not all of the emails that are hosted by the ISP are users that exist in the office and hence I have not setup those users with AD/Exchange accounts locally.
- Our MX still points to the ISP mail server.
- We have about 10 email accounts hosted at the ISP. 8 of them are downloaded to the local Exchange server and 2 users that are very remote connect to the ISP server to get their email via POP3.
With this setup, the users that do not exist on the Exchange server cannot recieve email from the office users. When an office user sends an email to one of these account, the Exchage server spits back and NDR. This makes sense to me as the local Exchange server is setup to recieve email for our domain, but those users do not exists on our local Exchange server.
What I am hoping to do is configure the Exchange server to route these specific emails to the external ISP server so the remote users can recieve email form the office users without any errors.
Can this be done?