Detecting locks & deadlocks in DB2
Posted on 2007-07-21
1) We have DB2 UDB 9.1 on linux.
2) One way to detect locks is monitoring. Will this detect deadlocks or we need to go for a snapshot. Actually inbuit deadlock monitor/detector in db2 detects deadlocks and rollsback the less important transaction. How do we detect & handle deadlocks.
3) There is a way to see applications & on NET I found queries on SYSIBMADM.LOCKWAITS & SYSIBMADM.SNAPAPPL_INFO & these are not recognized. Will this work only in DB2 on host systems?
4) How to query for locks and deadlocks in DB2 UDB?
5) Please suggest some good tools to do monitoring of various switches.