troubleshooting Question

New Exchange 2003 Server will not act as a bridgehead properly

Avatar of woolieb
woolieb asked on
Email SoftwareExchange
5 Comments2 Solutions276 ViewsLast Modified:
I have just added a new Exchange 2003 server to my environment which currently consists of 6 2003 Exchange server and 1 2003 Exchange Front End server.
Currently 2 of my existing servers act as Bridgeheads and handle sending all mail. I would like to make the new one a bridgehead.
All sites are connected using MPLS circuits.
My new Exchange server will not receive mail from the other servers in order to attempt to deliver. I have confirmed this by removing all servers as bridgeheads except the new one. Whenthis happens all mail queues. When I add one of my other servers as a bridgehead then mail flows again.
I can access mailboxes on the new server via the Front End using OWA. Also, I can send mail out to the internet from mailboxes located on the new server. Finally if I telnet to 25 I get a valid response.

I am at a loss.
Join the community to see this answer!
Join our exclusive community to see this answer & millions of others.
Unlock 2 Answers and 5 Comments.
Join the Community
Learn from the best

Network and collaborate with thousands of CTOs, CISOs, and IT Pros rooting for you and your success.

Andrew Hancock - VMware vExpert
See if this solution works for you by signing up for a 7 day free trial.
Unlock 2 Answers and 5 Comments.
Try for 7 days

”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.

-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros