Excel into Access import -- need to keep "milli-seconds"
Posted on 2007-07-24
I need to import data from an Excel spreadsheet into an Access db.
There's a specific format that I need to maintain during the import process:
- in formula bar, value reads "2:15:32 PM"
- I modified the cell format to read "14:15:32.021" (hh:mm:ss.000)
- so, it's great in Excel
- imported the spreadsheet (with currently only 3 fields)
- Field with the Date/Time (and milliseconds) was automatically convert to Date/Time field... so it read "2:15:32 PM"
- I then deleted the record, changed the "DateTime" to "Text" in table design
- Then re-imported the same Excel record again... I thought it would now retain the milli-seconds, but it does not
How can I fix it in Access to that the format = "14:15:32.021" (hh:mm:ss.000)"?