I am currently looking into setting up something to do automated testing.
Some of the ideas that have been suggested so far are as follows:
1. Use .Net Remoting / asynchronous call backs
2. Possibly flow would be this
TESTApp ----> Simulator ----->needed applications
A series of tests would be in que. They would be broken down so that they can be used with other tests fo ease of coding.
TEST MAIN SCREEN:open the main screen
TEST SECOND SCREEN: Open the Second Screen
TEST MOVE ON SECOND SCREEN: Perform a test on Screen two
TEST THIRD SCREEN: Open the Third Screen
TEST MAIN SCREEN ----> TEST SECOND SCREEN ---->TEST MOVE ON SECOND SCREEN
TEST MAIN SCREEN ----> TEST SECOND SCREEN ---->TEST THIRD SCREEN
3. Only want to re-compile with Interface changes only.
4. Want it to be easily adaptable to adding newer tests...with minimal impact.
5. This will be on our server...communicating with other PC in the same building. Eventually multiple users will be able to access this via the web as well.
Questions for everyone:
1. Is the asynchronous call backs the way to go?
2. Is there another way that I should look into using? Any links that will help me for the best direction on the architechture design.