Out-of-Office problem in Domino to Exchange 2003 migration
Posted on 2007-07-25
At one of our clients I'm working on a migration from Domino to Exchange 2003. Exchange currently uses Domino as its mail gateway for both SMTP and MTA. Exchange mails to the Internet (through Domino) use SMTP; those to Domino use the MTA. Mail flow works without problems, except Out of Office messages: they work within the Exchange Org and to the Internet, but not from Exchange to Domino. The settings in Global Settings - Internet Message Format - Default - Properties - Advanced are:
- Allow out of office responses: yes
- Allow automatic replies: no
- Allow automatic forwards: no
- Allow delivery reports: yes
- Allow non-delivery reports: yes
- Preserve sender's display name: yes
In Message Tracking, OoO messages to Domino have "SMTP Store Driver submitted message to MTA" as the last line, while normal e-mails have 3 additional lines:
- Message transferred to <server> through X.400
- Message transferred out (Gateway) to NOTES Transform
- Message transferred out (Gateway) to NOTES:<notesdomain> (<notesserver>/<notesdomain>)
I've put MSExchangeMTA Diagnostic logging to Maximum for a while and tested OoO but there were no errors or warnings in the Event Log. I've also tried MTACheck but everything seems ok.
Is there anything I can change on the MTA config to allow OoO messages? If not, can I force messages from Exchange to Domino to use SMTP?
Thanks in advance.