[Last Call] Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 168
  • Last Modified:

Setup a password in my Access db and now I can't set it up in my program....

Hello All,
I am working with VB.Net 2005 connected to an Access 2003 Database. I had to change my database to be password protected. And now I am going into to my program, finding my MDB in Server Explorer, then I right click on it and go to Modify Connection, then I click the Advanced Tab and enter my Password in the correct field, and then hit OK. And when I do I get a message " Cannot start your application. The workgroup infomation file is missing or opened exlucsively by another user." No one else has it open, and I have tried closing VB and opening it back up and I still get this message. I can enter the password right from the Modify Connection screen and Test Connection and OK and it is fine. But I can't enter the password in the advanced screen for some reason.

Thanks for any input/help you can provide!!
0
Boon01
Asked:
Boon01
  • 3
  • 3
1 Solution
 
Bob LearnedCommented:
If you set the database password, then you need to put the password into the Jet OLEDB:Database Password entry, and not the Password entry.

Bob
0
 
Boon01Author Commented:
Thanks for the reply TLO...where do find the Jet OLEDB:Database Password entry?
0
 
Bob LearnedCommented:
It is in the top section with all the other Jet OLEDB: settings.

Bob
0
Concerto's Cloud Advisory Services

Want to avoid the missteps to gaining all the benefits of the cloud? Learn more about the different assessment options from our Cloud Advisory team.

 
Boon01Author Commented:
Sorry if you mean going to the same place I was just at and changing it in the Jet OLEDB: Database Password, then I did that. I also change the Persistant Security Info to True (but I don't know if that has anything to do with it).
0
 
Bob LearnedCommented:
Are you still having the same problem?

Bob
0
 
Boon01Author Commented:
Yes, I was. I kept looking around and I went to properites on my Project then went to the Settings Tab and there were several different Connection Strings in there and I had to change this for each one of them individually. Looks like that is what was causing my problem the whole time. Thanks for your input. You let me know that I was looking in the right place and I was doing what I should have. I just had to look a little deeper.
0

Featured Post

Keep up with what's happening at Experts Exchange!

Sign up to receive Decoded, a new monthly digest with product updates, feature release info, continuing education opportunities, and more.

  • 3
  • 3
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now