1) We have DB2 9 on Red Hat LInux 9.
2) We received a DB2 9 on AS/400 schema DDL
3) At some places NUMERIC data type is used which is not there in our UDB.
4) DECIMAL is also used which is available as data type in our UDB
5) The only difference between the two is one is packed decimal and the other is zoned deciaml.
6) What is this packed and zoned. Can you explain me in simple language.
7) Can I substitute DECIMAL for NUMERIC & if so will Precision and scale remain same.
Work with freelancers specializing in everything from database administration to programming, who have proven themselves as experts in their field. Hire the best, collaborate easily, pay securely, and get projects done right.