Product: Mostly jumpstart
Just to make sure this is documented as I've seen this error on many forums without a working solution:
tftpd: [ID daemon.error] socket (delay): Protocol not supported
The solution (or workaround) is to:
1) Stop any network client boots.
2) Kill the in.tftpd process on the boot server.
3) Copy /tftpboot to a new dir e.g.:
cp -r /tftpboot /mytftpboot
4) Rename the original /tftpboot e.g.:
mv /tftpboot /tftpboot_orig
5) Update /etc/inetd.conf to point to the new /mytftpboot dir on the line starting with tftp.
6) Restart inetd <PID>
kill -HUP <PID>
DONE, now you can network boot again.