Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Database Deployment on new Machine Environment and in a new domain.
We have our clients Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 database in the form of:
1. CRM_METABASE BACKUP FILE
2. CRM_MSCRM BACKUP FILE
3. CRM CUSTOMIZATION XML FILE
New Domain Environment has following on One machine/server:
1. Windows Server 2003 OS with required service packs.
2. Installed MS Sql Server 2005 with the required Service Packs in which we have default CRM3.0 database
a.) <OU name>_Metabase database
b.) <OU Name>_MCSRM database
3. We installed Microsoft Dynamics CRM3.0 Professional and configured it properly.
4. For Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 we have all the required component like Sql reporting server configure on IIS, Active Directory user structure etc and with the default database of CRM we are able to run the CRM successfully.
But when the IT Manager at our Clients site takes the backup of their CRM Database, we are not able to deploy it on our site in a new domain and we gets the error of Security authentication and users etc. We have already tried all the work-around (User Redeployment Tool for user mapping, uninstalled the CRM, and Installed it again after running the Redeployment Tool successfully) but none of them is working and we are not able to run the CRM using that new database, it gets stuck at lot many different steps and we get diffrent error messages every time. So are there any specific steps that we need to follow while taking a BACKUP of the Database at the Clients site and to restore it in a new domain at our site. We already followed the steps provided by Microsoft to backup and restore the database on new machine for CRM, but those steps dont talks about the new domain setup.
The intension of doing all this exercise is to create a development environment other than the clients production environment for CRM, to do the customizations. And the physical location of the Production Environment and development environment are globally different.
Please help us and let us know the solution and the correct steps to handle this problem.