Cannot ping or communicate with one IP address
Posted on 2007-08-03
Out of my experience with networks I have never seen this before.
- There are 8 PCs and one web server (all physically in different locations geographically).
- 7 PCs can ping and communicate with the web server. The 8th one cannot do that.
- Strange thing is, the 8th PC can actually ping everything else and communicate with it.
- On 8th PC firewall is enabled by all outbound traffic is allowed and there are no filters in the TCP/IP settings.
- On Web server, firewall is not enabled and there are no filters in the TCP/IP settings.
Can someone please help me figure out this dilemma?