We have an organization where 2 users have the new Motorola Q cell-phones (with Verizon service). ActiveSync from the phone was working perfectly with Exchange 2003 SP2. Then we upgraded to Exchange 2007 as everybody wanted the features of the new OWA. Suddenly, syncing to Exchange no longer works. I have personally spent well over 60+ hours on this so far, trying to figure out what is wrong. I have found that there are actually very few people actually already using Exchange 2007, so finding information is proven to be very difficult.
I have already done ALL of the following with NO LUCK:
- Installed the root certification (created during Exchange install) on the phone
- Purchased and installed an SSL cert from RapidSSL on IIS AND on the phone
- Completely disabled SSL throughout on IIS and on the phone, as some users suggested
- Upgraded Windows 5.0 on the phone to the very latest version
- Replaced the phone (twice)
- Setup permissions in ADSI for the Exchange 2007 server to "Full Control"
- Purchased ANOTHER "fast" SSL certificate from GLOBALSIGN.COM, but it was NOT instant
...and many more things that I no longer remember (it's been 2 months of pain and agony)
I even setup a new account on the OLD Exchange 2003 SP1 server (yes, it is still in the network), and the phone worked perfectly with that account. But the phone will NOT work with the Exchange 2007 server. I have been working with computers for more than 20-years and this is most frustrating experience I have ever had. I have read several posts that say that simply removing all of the darn SSL requirments will fix the issue, and I have tried that, but I still get the above error code. I really am at wits end on this one. Any help is greatly appreciated!