Posted on 2007-08-04
Have a small business server 2003 running AD and exchange. I recently noticed that when ever I created a new user, the email addresses were not being created. In my event log I started seeing this error:
Faulting application mad.exe, version 6.5.7638.1, stamp 430e737d, faulting module x400prox.dll, version 6.5.7638.1, stamp 430e73ae, debug? 0, fault address 0x00002015
And then i notice my Microsoft Exchange System Attendent service would stop. I would have to restart.
The error only occured when the recipient update service in Exchange System Attendant ran (manually or automatic). I set to never run and the ESA would continue to run fine, but of course email address never were created or updated. I exausted all efforts of looking articles and creating new recipient update services that never work, so I backed up the information store and uninstalled the exchange side of the SBS. Seemed to have uninstalled fine but I may have missed a step some where.
I installed exchange through the add/remove programs --> Windows Small Business server.
After the install, I cannot start Information Store. Event log says DS cannot contact Vserver. Anyhow, I think it is looking for the old server name
I need to know how to completely remove all of the exchange and be able to reinstall exchange clean so I can remount my backed up store and reconnect mailboxes to the users in AD.