I wish to expand a array on a MSA1000 AN which is attached to a Windows 2003 File Cluster, the steps I believe I need to go through are as follows:-
- In ACU set expand priority as High
- Backup all data
- Power off passive node
- Take entire group offline in cluster administrator apart from the physical disk resource I am expanding
- Using the ACU epand the arry with avialable unassigned drive
- Using the ACU extend the logical drive
- In Windows 2003 disk administrator should see free space at end of drive
- Run diskpart to extend the drive into the free space
- Bring resources online
- Verify data ok
- Power on passive node and test failover
The problem I have is HP's documentation says this can take 15mins per GB, wih the amount of data on the array this could take over 73 hours and that is downtime we can't eall afford.
Does anyone have any ideas if this can be accomplished without taking the cluster resources offline so our critical 24x7 users on the weekend can contiue working (health service).