MySQL vehicle database schema
Posted on 2007-08-05
I'm writing a car inventory application and need some advice on a database schema with proper normalization. Here are the requirements of my database:
- Vehicle has a year/make/model/trim.
- Once user selects a year, the application populates all the makes available for the year.
- Once the user selects a make, the application requests models for that year/model.
- Once the user selects a model, the application populates trims for that year/model/make.
- Finally the user can just select a trim from the select box.
Also, the vehicle, which should have a unique ID in the database, will have options such as photos, doors, engine attributes that I can put in the database.
The schema alone is what I could use some help on.