I brought myself a brand new PC last week. I started to put it together the other day and once I finished it would not boot. Below are my specs:
* OCZ Gold edition memory 2x2GB kit part number:-OCZ2G8004GK
* CPU model and rated speed:-Intel C2D E6850 @ 3.0 GHz watercooling
* Overclocked CPU speed:-no OC
* Case: Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
* Motherboard and revision:-abit in9 32X-Max 680i SLI 775
* Motherboard rev:-1.0
* Video cards: 2xBFG 8800 GTX OC2 768MB in SLI watercooled
* Power supply:-Thermaltake toughpower 1200W
* Operating System:-WinXP (not installed yet)
* CPU and System Cooling:-Thermaltake kandalf lcs with P500 pump radiator etc
* CPU and System temps:-~ dunno cannot enter bios
* 2x pioneer DVDRW
* 1x seagate 500GB HDD
When I put everything together it would not boot with no post screen but states C1 on the mobo LCD display. I knew this was a memory issue so I tried resetting the bios but with no joy still C1, then I tried reseating the 2 memory sticks in the different slot in all possible configurations but still get C1.
After I tried 1 memory stick at a time in slot1 and 1 stick fails to boot and get C1 again and the other stick will boot with post screen but get CMOS checksum error defaults loaded and states 7F on motherboard LCD display.
On the post screen it detects the the CPU as a intel E6850 3.0 GHz brand but only running at 747MHz
Memory shows 2GB ok
it can detect the HDD and DVDRW's but it wont let me into the bios.
At this point i'm also getting a hi/low beep error which worries me as i know this is possibly CPU related (possibly overheating)
The CPU is watercooled along with the BFG GFX cards using the thermaltake kandalf Liquid cooling system with a P500 (500ltr/per hour) and should handle cpu and 2 gpu's with no problems.
I spend nearly half the carefully setting up the watercooling system making sure the tubing would not kink and giving enough slack. Also I powered on the LCS with the PSU seperately (not powering on mobo) to fill the LCS with the coolant and prime the system. This took about 2 hours taking my time thus getting rid of all the air bubbles and making sure there was a constant flow.
I think I have 2 problems one with the CPU and the other with the memory (i think one stick is dead) or maybe it need to to run at 2.1volts for it to work but I cannot get into the bios to change this
Im stuck for what to to do next as this is doing my head in.
I would try different memory but do not have any spare. will try and get hold of some
Can anybody please help?
Any help would be really appreciated